Pair No. 26

 

Today, I finished my 26th pair of socks for my sock drawer.  This pattern is called Vienna.  It was the mystery sock pattern for the March/April Sock Knitters Anonymous Ravelry group.  This was the first time I’ve ever knit a mystery sock.  I have to say, it was a bit disconcerting to not know what the end result was going to be, given that I’m such a planner, but it was good to stretch my boundaries outside of my comfort zone a little.  Perhaps the most difficult aspect was that the designer provided several choices to make as the pattern was revealed, kind of like a choose your own adventure for making socks.  I love the pair as they came out, but I saw some other beautiful examples that tempt me to make a second pair using some different choices!  

Vienna by Claire Ellen

Comments

Popular Posts