A Drawer Full of Hand Knit Socks

 
A drawer full of hand knit socks.  The idea makes me happy.   There is something about opening my drawer, and seeing all that effort and focus, the colors, the patterns...  Each pair is like it's own little adventure with its struggles and triumphs.  I love that they keep my feet cozy warm on a cold winter's morning.  I love that they add a bright spot of cheerfulness to my day.  Some socks I wear whenever I'm in a particular mood, others are more utilitarian and good for any day of the week.  The authors of Operation Sock Drawer compare them to the bon-bons of the knitting world and I couldn't agree more.  Opening my sock drawer in the morning and feeling that lift of anticipation... which yummy treat am I going to choose today?   

 

Comments

Popular Posts