My First Sock

 


The first sock I ever knit followed the instructions from Charlene Schurch's book Sensational Knitted Socks.  She calls it the class sock.  It's a very simple small sock knit with worsted weight yarn and size 6 needles.  The instructions follow all the basic principles of creating a top-down sock.   

Before knitting this sock, I was so intimidated by the whole idea of multiple double pointed  needles and thin fingering yarn.  Knitting this little guy only took a few hours to finish, but it was enough to give me that "hey, I can do this!" feeling.  Even after working with several different patterns over the years, I still refer to this book and her basic instructions if  I have a simple question.  Its also the pattern I use whenever I'm teaching someone else how to knit socks.  

Comments

Popular Posts